Saturday, January 22, 2011

Ding dong the bubble's gone... the wicked bubble's gone!

My gas bubble has been shrinking all week, and overnight it FINALLY disappeared!  This was the first morning I woke up without a weird bubble in my field of vision since the middle of November!  Regaining my full field of vision is awesome, but what's more awesome, I think, is being able to lie on my back again!  I have always been a side sleeper, but I really miss stretching out on my back before rolling over to sleep.

I am a cautious patient, however, and as such, I am nervous to consider the gas bubble gone until my doctor confirms it.  (Who knows? Maybe there is some residual I cannot detect with my own eyes.)  My next appointment is January 31, which is a little over a week away.  If he confirms I'm all clear, I'll officially be able to lie on my back AND travel over 3,000 feet!  OMG, Lake Tahoe, here I come!  I don't ski, but I do like to make it up to see the snow at least once a year.

Sure, I still have this cataract clouding my vision, but underneath that, I feel pretty confident my retina is healing as well as I could have hoped.  Today, I am thankful for this progress!  I'll worry about that cataract another day.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment